You may have been asking all your life why the various pimples in existence won’t leave you alone. In this article, #SGB_Team and SOG – HM Liew Skin & Laser Clinic are going to break it down to you on the types of acne, the causes and solutions.
Acne is a problem that many people face, both women and men alike. Are you one of them? Do you have acne scars that you would love to eliminate? In this article, #SGB_Team along with SOG Dermatology will share some tips on how to tackle acne problems and acne scars.
What Is An Acne?
Acne is a skin condition in which the hair follicle becomes saturated with the dead cells and sebum. This is what causes acne and whiteheads to appear. Some of the most common places where acne grows are shoulder, upper back, forehead, and face.
Know The Different Types of Acne
There are some different kinds of acne and each acne can be different for each individual as well.
- Blackheads: opened pores
- Whiteheads: closed pores
- Acne: small, red, soft inflammatory skin or filled with yellow pustules
- Cystic lesions: a lump with pus underneath the skin
4 Causes of Pimples
Pimple is a complex condition that can be caused by many things. However, the most common causes are the following:
- Overproduction of oil
- the hair follicle becomes saturated with the dead cells and sebum
- excess androgens hormones activity
Another condition in which pimples often occur in females due to mensuration is known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Various Kinds of Acne Scars
Eliminating acne is an easy process but clearing its scar can be a challenge. Learn the following type of acne scars to know more:
- Ice Pick Scars:these acne scars will look like a hole. There are open pores that eventually made a small hole on the skin.
- Boxcar Scars:this acne scar is larger than ice pick scars and it causes the skin to be speckled.
- Rolling Scars:this scar looks like it’s bumpy. The skin will be speckled but it won’t be as visible as boxcar scars.
- Keloid and Hypertrophic Scars:these acne scars are more commonly found in men. Hypertrophic scars often occur after having a deep wound. Keloid scar, on the other hand, is a more critical condition than a raised scar because the keloids grow in a larger size here.
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation:this scar is not serious as it is only a red, brown, purple or black scar (depending on your skin type) that is visible when one has recovered from a pimple.
- Post-Inflammatory Redness:this often takes place on people with fair skin as once a pimple has been broken, the skin will be red around it.
Tackle Pimple Problem With This Treatment
Now that you have understood the cause and types of acne, you can learn the kinds of treatments you can go to. Choosing the right skincare is crucial to healing your pimples and the scars. If your acne is serious, skincare alone won’t do much for you and this is when you should consult with dermatologists. The following are some of the treatments that you can do to eliminate your acne.
- Topical Antibiotics:this treatment handles a few types of bacteria
- Topical Benzoyl Peroxide:this care can be used together with other treatments. It reduces the bacteria from your pimples and it will make your skin dry which will help your skin to peel off its scar
- Topical Retinoid:this care s suitable for inflammatory lesions. It’s also very effective for patients that have blackheads or whiteheads
Additional Treatments To Handle Acne
There are some people that need to treat their acne and the scars and the following are the treatments available:
- Hydradermabration: reduces wrinkles, brown spots, and oily skin
- Laser Treatment:suitable for patients that want to get a cleaner face and reduce redness on the skin
- Blue and Red LED Treatment:blue LED light is used to kill the bacteria on the skin. Red LED light is used to reduce inflammation and minimize the size of pores.
- Whitening Cream:this cream can be used together with the above treatments
- Cosmetics:using the right cosmetic can help you to moisturize your skin and reduce the redness as the skin needs to be moisturized after the treatment.
About Singapore O&G Dermatology
This article is a partnership with Singapore O&G Dermatology. Singapore O&G Dermatology can help you to regain your optimal skin condition. With the help of an accredited dermatologist consultant, Dr. Liew Hui Min and supported with modern facilities and transparent price, this clinic focuses on the aftercare treatment for a consistent result.
Dr. Liew is an accredited dermatologist of Specialist Consultant in Dermatology from the Ministry of Health in Singapore and the General Medical Council (UK). The focus of Dr. Liew is on females and children (pediatric), genital dermatology, and adult dermatology in general. Dr. Liew now practices at Singapore O&G.
Now you don’t need to worry about looking for a treatment for your acne in Singapore. Make your reservation now to get a consult form, Dr. Liew. She can also speak Bahasa Indonesia!
SOG – HM Liew Skin & Laser Clini
Address: Gleneagles Medical Centre, 6 Napier Road #06-01, Singapore 258499
Telephone: (65) 6254 6646
Whatsapp: (65) 9641 1595
Check their website here
Is this article informative? Find out more about beauty tips on our digital magazine. Click here to read it now!