For some people, appearing youthful becomes a dream. Especially for women who have entered their 30s. However, even having a youthful appearance is not easy. Need a number of treatments to get maximum results. We talked with aesthetist, Dr. Sylvia, from Cutis Medical Laser Clinic about what needs to be considered for treating skin that has been treated and the treatment offered from Cutis Medical Laser Clinic to regain a youthful appearance.
How is the process of aging on the skin?
the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous underneath. The dermis layer becomes a storage place for collagen and elastin. Collagen is responsible for skin moisture, while elastin for skin elasticity. When aging occurs, the function of both of them will decrease and our skin will become loose. In fact, the subcutaneous layer will also begin to lose volume and cause excess loose skin.
At what age do you recommend women to start getting professional anti-aging treatments to prevent aging and what are the treatments?
There is no age specification. Every woman needs a specific treatment plan that focuses on specific goals and skin problems. Treatments such as dermal fillers and botox can be an option. However, for each age of course the use of this treatment will be different. Dermal filler in women in their 20s and 30s will be used to form facial contours. As for women in their 40s and 50s, fillers are used to restore lost facial volume. On the other hand, botox is used for cosmetic and medical indications, for example when wrinkles appear.
What is actually dermal filler and botox and can both be used for everyone?
Botox is actually a brand name for Botulinum toxin, a very pure protein that is injected in small doses to reduce or eliminate wrinkles. Botox works to temporarily block signals from nerves to muscles so that wrinkles formed by muscle contractions become weak and soft. Botox works best for individuals who have lines formed by muscle contractions, such as frown lines or “angry 11s”, horizontal forehead lines and smile lines. Botox is also used to raise eyebrows, to correct lines around the lips and neck. In Singapore, botox is generally used to “slimming” the face when injected into the muscles that we use to chew along the corners of the jaw.
Dermal filler is a safe injection gel and can restore youth and skin elasticity. Most dermal fillers that we use in our clinic consist of hyaluronic acid, similar to the hydrating molecules that are in our skin and lost when someone is aging.
What daily beauty routines for women do you recommend to do at home to help keep skin and look younger for longer?
I recommend using topical serum Vitamin C
which is effective as L-Askorbat acid (the only form of Vitamin C that can be absorbed by the skin) which is important in the formation of topical collagen and Vitamin A (usually only prescription) supported by clinical studies to restore damage due to sunlight and increase skin turnover which means helping get rid of dead skin cells faster so that it doesn’t clog pores. In addition, always use a sunscreen that is waterproof, has SPF 30 or more, and offers wide coverage, which means protecting skin from UVA and UVB rays. At least apply sunscreen 20 minutes before outdoor activities.
What treatments for women are popular in your clinic?
Botox and Dermal Fillers and Ultherapy which are skin cleansing and tightening that are in accordance with US FDA standards. And of course, the treatments that are very popular in our clinic are all treatments related to body building such as CoolSculpting, Z Lipo, or Vanquish.
Do you have a male client? If so, what treatments do they do?
At our clinic, most of our male patients choose injections because they can be easily adjusted to remove wrinkles, folds and gently lift their middle and lower faces so that they look smoother and more youthful. For body contours using Cryolipolysis procedures such as CoolSculpting or Z Lipo which are also popular in our male patients. Cryolipolysis helps men reduce hard “spare tires” and even excessive fat deposits in the chest that are difficult to handle with diet and exercise alone.
What innovative treatments are offered by your clinic and what is their use?
We focus more on evidence from treatments that comply with FDA standards than offer our patients the latest modes that may not have been evaluated on their effectiveness and safety profiles. However, in addition to Botox and Dermal Fillers, we also have our flagship anti-aging and skin rejuvenation treatments, such as Dr. Perfect V-Line Thread Lift, Ultherapy and Limelight. As for non-surgical body forming and contouring devices, our flagship products are Exilis Ultra, Acoustic Shockwave, Vanquish and Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting and Z Lipo).
- Dr. Perfect V-Line provides non-surgical face lifting benefits and without any downtime. Dr. Perfect V-Line uses absorbable polydioxanone (PDO) threads marked with CE, KFDA and Singapore HSA cleansers to remove sagging skin.
- Ultherapy has the same purpose as Dr. Perfect V-Line, but Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound energy that is safe, penetrates deep into the skin, and jumps into a natural process, known as neocollagenesis, to produce fresh, fresh collagen, resulting in clinically significant tissue increases for 2-3 months .
- Limelight is a non-invasive light treatment that addresses problems right on the skin surface, such as redness, pigmentation and sun damage. LimeLight works by sending light to the skin that pulls out brown spots that will make the skin scab after 3-5 days. As a result, the skin is clearer and brighter free of brown spots or pigmentation.
- Exilis Ultra is the only FDA-cleaned face and body treatment that simultaneously combines radio frequency and ultrasound energy to tighten skin and sagging body contours so that the skin is firmer and looks youthful.
- The Acoustic Shockwave utilizes the energy from targeted vibrations and pressures to reduce accumulation of tissue under the skin thereby reducing significant cellulite and stretch marks.
- Vanquish MEis a treatment for reducing “no contact” fat using Selective RF, FDA-cleared technology that provides maximum radio frequency heat energy to be accumulated only in the fat layer without affecting the muscle or skin. Once heated, fat cells die and are removed from the body through the lymphatic system. Vanquish can treat the entire stomach in one session and does not require rest periods and has no restrictions on BMI.
- Cryolipolysis works almost the same way as Vanquish to remove fat cells from the body, but Cryolipolysis uses cold temperatures (frozen). Z Lipo and CoolSculpting are two well-known and proven fat freezing procedures. This fat freezing procedure uses a suction applicator that provides controlled cooling that is safe to target fat bags under the skin and freeze them to death. Just like with Vanquish, dead fat cells are removed through the body.
If you want to do treatment at Cutis Medical Laser Clinic, you can call +65 6653 2660 or by email at email@example.com.It’s time to look beautiful and handsome again!